In any given year, 1 in 5 Canadians experience a mental illness, and by the time we reach 40 years of age, 1 in 2 Canadian have, or have had, a mental illness. With over 10,000 mental health and wellness apps now available, how do you know where to start? In this webinar recording, psychiatrist Dr. Anthony Levinson will introduce the top mental health apps and online resources experts recommend to help people self-manage mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, ADHD, cognitive impairment, substance use problems, such as quitting smoking or reducing alcohol intake, and mindfulness training. Learn how to evaluate online resources and the potential benefits and possible harms posed by their use.
Learn the answers to the following questions:
- 3:10 How do I evaluate a mental health app?
- 16:48 What specific apps do experts recommend?
- 37:48 How do I find the app I need, and what other resources are available to connect to mental health services?
- 47:45 What should I do if I have more than one mental health issue?
- 52:40 When should I see a doctor?
Download this Mental Health Apps Handout for a list of the top-rated apps and an overview of this webinar presentation.
Download a list of helpful resources related to anxiety and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Want to test your knowledge? After watching this video take this 5-question quiz.
Give us your feedback with this 2-question survey.
Browse all video posts.